Friday, December 19, 2014

Year Review

The Project:
When my group and I first started the project, I thought the most difficult part was go soon realized it was getting together with our “stars” that we were going to focus the documentary on. It actually wasn’t necessarily difficult but rather… inconvenient… for my group. What makes me most proud of the project was the fact that my group and I finished the project. It wasn’t that I had doubts about my group or anything, it was just a burden and was in the back of my head constantly. But when we finished I felt a sense of ease and happiness. Something I would change if I could was time management towards the start. In the beginning we wouldn’t get any work done unless we were all together but we finally realized that it was easier to do as much as we could on our own then meet up when it was convenient. What I was personally responsible for was the voice overs and I myself and the other two all had a hand in recording. I didn’t have to promote a healthy atmosphere for our group because it was already a good atmosphere. I personally wished I had stepped up and volunteered more of my time but with what effort I put in, I felt like it was a fair amount.

The Class:
            This WRD 110 class reminded me a lot of my senior year English IV class due to the fact that both teachers wanted to inspire not just thought but new ways of thinking. The course allowed myself and other students who took the class to get some experience with video recording/editing but more prominent were the blogs (which most people have never read one, let alone make one and regularly post to it.) The class helped me a lot with my public speaking skills, especially with the wet-feet speeches, which in the beginning I dreaded but once it was over I learned not to sweat the small stuff. Although writing formal essays are one of my stronger subjects, I had a lot better time doing the activities we did in this class. The style used in the course, Mr. Horton’s section specifically, was unique and was good at teaching me to think differently and with more depth. Addressing the questions asking if I’d prefer more lectures, homework, etc… No I would prefer to do as little as I have to. With that being said, even though we were let out early many days, I still feel like I came out with equal or maybe even more knowledge I would have gained from other WRD instructor’s or and CIS course. Although the discussions were always something that I enjoyed because it’s easy for me to know my opinion, and it’s usually easy to tell what an instructor’s opinion is, but it’s hard to tell a fellow classmate’s opinion, especially if you seldom know them. The class was enjoyable and taught me good information but for all intents and purposes to prevent plateauing and to become better, maybe for blog topics there could be a selection of more controversial material. And maybe bonus points to those who regularly post to their blog (I know that this course is “easy” enough to get an “A” or a “B” but this could potentially entice individuals to post more… Maybe even put a “5 point” cap on it… Food for thought.) If I could change anything about this class, I wouldn’t necessarily change anything. I’m not an instructor nor do I plan to be and I understand that this question may be poised to point out things I Felt were done wrong but I have nothing to say negatively about this class. Wouldn’t ask to change anything but by all means take the advice above if you choose to.


With that being said, thank you Mr. Horton for teaching a fun class and Merry Christmas, Happy New Years, and/or Happy holidays to any reading this

No comments:

Post a Comment